Sunday, March 21, 2010

God's Bratinella

I started my walk with God being a brat!!! (haha until now!) God knew that I was a baby christian back then and He would always give me what I prayed for... God would always do something so I can get what I needed and wanted! -(tuition fees, books, supplies, savings, clothes, shoes, bags.. and extra money for gimmicks)

There may have still been some unanswered prayers but the many answered prayers made me push my faith to the next level. I was confident that God would always answer when it's ok to answer me!

That's the privilege I have as daughter of the Most High! He's always there for me... He's always there for you, too. To strengthen our faith, to bring our faith to the next level, for us to really depend on Him...

Now, that I've told you about the part about me...
... let me tell you the part about God.

Since He was responsible for bringing my faith to the next level, He also gave me this great challenge - to let go and obey HIM!

Challenge to the max! He asked me to let go of my Medical Technology profession and obey Him. Hard!!! I've studied 4 years and additional 2 weeks for my board exam review... hehe two weeks lang talaga! - and because I'm a brat.. He answered my prayers! I passed the board exams! (I've asked God to just prepare my heart and the heart of the people around me to accept whatever the results may be... )

There have been times, too, when God had to answer me "NO." And for all of you who have gotten a "NO" from God, you know how hard it is to get that answer. But if I really trust Him and if my faith is really true.. I must be willing to let go and obey!

Many of you have the same story. As you began your walk with God, God gave you an instant "YES" and that caused for your faith to grow.

But there are some people whose faith are built when God gave a "NO" answer! It made them to just cling on God... some way or the other..

Which brings me to this point: It doesn't matter whether you receive a "Yes" or a "No" from God; what matters is how we respond.

Don't let a "NO" answer from God ruin your relationship with Him. Instead, talk to Him, open yourself to Him and ask Him to let you understand the answer you got. Sometimes its a NO because God is still preparing us for it or preparing the BEST for us!

I'm God's bratinella,
not because I just get what I want!
I'm God's bratinella,
because I know when not to stop until I got what I ask for
I'm God's bratinella,
not because it's always a "YES" from God.
I'm God's bratinella,
because even if I receive a "NO" from God, He would still make lambing to me... and I would just make lambing to Him para fun kahit NO yung answer! hehe

I'm God's bratinella! - am proud of it!

When have you been disappointed by God? How did He not come through for you the way You wanted Him to? How did this affect your relationship with Him? How can you exercise trust in Him as your loving Father even when you fell disappointed? Spend some time in prayer today relating your disappointment and ask Him to help you trust Him more fully.

"Don't let this throw you. You trust God, don't you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father's home. If that weren't so, would I have told you that I'm on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I'm on my way to get your room ready, I'll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I'm taking."
John 14:1-4 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment