Sunday, April 18, 2010

Looking Back.... Smiling Now!



I messed up yesterday.
I took the wrong turn.
I loved and reacted the wrong way.
I have said the wrong words.

I should have listened instead of talking.
I should have waited instead of walking away.
I should have trusted instead of judging.
I should have resisted instead of indulging.

I messed up my yesterday,... well not all, but I'm sure most of it. And I'll mess up more if I let my yesterday's mistakes ruin my today's character and attitude.

God's mercies are new every morning - receive them.
Learn so much from our mistakes.
Learn from the shaking that happened, is happening and will happen in our lives.
Trials will surely come.
Lightning strikes.
Thunderbolts of regret can ignite and consume us.

May we learn to counteract them with God's grace - daily washings of forgiveness.

Once a year won't do.
Once a month will never be enough.
Weekly showers will still leave us dry.
Sporadic mistings will leave us combustible.

We, You,... I!!!

I need a solid soaking everyday.

God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new every morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.
-Lamentations 3:22-24 The Message


Jesus' Design for a good day makes such sense.
His GRACE erases guilt.
His OVERSIGHT removes fear.
His DIRECTION removes confusion.- Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment