Saturday, April 24, 2010

Life. Its REAL!




One ordinary "YES" to an invitation for a Saturday Morning Activity turned to be an amazing extraordinary experience again!
A Birthday Celebration of Janina Punzalan with the Kids in Real Life Center in Pasig.

While walking in the street of Real Life Center in Pasig -( I passed on the other end kasi.. ) on my way to the Feeding Program - flashback!!!

I remember my college days, every Saturday for two years, we have our Healthcare Community Service.
Going to this baranggay every Saturday, house to house, teaching them proper hygiene, proper balanced diet, playing with the kids, cleaning the community, feeding them, having this medical assistance (temperature, Blood pressure...), cleaning of wounds, helping kids with their assignments, and even just talking to their parents.

I would always go home with a smile yet with a heavy heart.

I would always remember their small house, just like a room, or maybe for some of you, its the size of your bathroom.
A room with 4 or 5 families, sharing. Shifting when it comes to sleeping, eating,...

I would remember their faces,...
-while teaching them the proper balanced healthy diet - and they'll know it, they'll understand it, but they don't have the capability or money to buy the food I'm talking about.
-while teaching them about proper hygiene - when they just have a common bathroom without a toilet bow.
-while telling them to do this and do that.... my heart is crushed knowing that for them there are more important things to life than those things I'm talking about.

We - I!
I realized AGAIN how blessed I am. I have a good home. I have a great work. That I can eat 3 times, actually more, per day. That I can sleep in my comfortable bed. That all I have to worry back then was my school projects and exams. I have great amazing family and friends. Having a simple life which becomes so extraordinary because I have God.

Thank You, Lord. Thank You.

This is LIFE. It is REAL.

You have and they don't... yet when they receive, they share.
You can and they can't... yet when given the opportunity, they deliver and again share.

Life is not about just the good times.
Life is not just about you and me.
Life includes them.

If you can do something now and be a blessing, why do it tomorrow?
If you can love now, love.
If you can share now, share.

It's not about the money...
but being a blessing...
A smile, A hug, An encouragement, A prayer..

I pray that we may be an avenue of blessings and may they see God in us, with us and through us.

Life is short.
Life is now.
Life is Real.

***Thank you Ate Janina for inviting me. Thank you!
If you haven't heard of Real Life Foundation, Feeding Program, please do check it out: www.igivetolife.com

1 comment: